Moving to Washington DC on a budget
Moving is not such a joyful business and moving to Washington DC on a budget, especially. But sometimes you must move, because of work or for some other reason that cannot be solved differently than by moving. In these hopeless situations, money problems often occur, but you have to move. Make a good plan, especially regarding the financial aspect. This is the best approach to handle the whole situation as well as possible.
How to get out of this crisis and end up satisfied
The plan is necessary! What to do? Take the necessary steps:
- Separate the items that certainly go with you to the new address. This means you have to define three groups for your belongings. Firstly, the aforementioned group of the items you don’t want to part with. Secondly, those which cannot be used anymore. Finally, the group of those possessions you cannon keep, but you still don’t want to throw them away. This last one becomes your biggest problem at the planning stage. Who should you donate them to? Is it a better idea to organize a garage sale? Think about it!
- Organize your moving to Washington DC during the off-peak season. This way, you will be able to save up to 30%, which is what you aim at when moving on a budget.
- Find packing supplies you will not have to pay for. If you must buy something, check the “Dollar Store” for your purchase. Here you can find some things that can be quite helpful and they are cheap! Concentrate on the best packing technique and get down to completing this task.
- See what you can do by yourself. Compare the costs of a moving company and the version where you organize everything, or at least most of it, like packing, renting and driving a van or truck. Don’t let a moving company (if you hire one) disassemble those simple pieces of furniture. Something like IKEA or something like that, and charge you what you can easily do.
- If you are in a situation where you need to use a suitable space to store your belongings look for it to be with the same company that you will eventually hire to move. In that case, that service could be cheaper.
Develop your ideas about moving to Washington DC on a budget but think about consequences
OK! This was just a little guide that can help you develop your ideas on how to get moving to Washington DC on a budget. Each home is different and has its own characteristics and details. These are just rough ideas. They are only there to help you in what direction to think and how to get out of this situation.