Moving from Arizona to Europe – what’s to know?
Moving from Arizona to Europe sounds exciting, right? And, it is. But, it also means you’ll experience a culture shock, and make some serious changes to adjust to the lifestyle. Still, this type of relocation is not a rare thing. The reasons vary, of course. They depend on the individual, but some of them could be pursuing a career or education. Some people relocate to change the routine. Others to give their family a different experience, and allow their children to grow up in different cultures.
No matter the reasons, moving from Arizona to Europe is a huge step. You can easily get overwhelmed and knowing how to deal with moving stress can be very helpful. Luckily this guide will give you the basic information for your relocation so you can know what to expect.
Reasons to move to Europe
People relocate to Europe for various reasons. So, it’s important to take a look at the different possibilities for work and study there. After that, you can find some useful moving from Arizona to Europe tips.
- Study in Europe -If you want to study in the EU, there is a lot that you need to prepare. Make sure you explore the university websites and check the details on admission, application, and deadlines. Search for information and read what you can find, so you can make the right choice. But, keep in mind that you usually need one or two years to get ready. Universities have different requirements. Some of them allow students to work part-time, taxes will vary.
- Finding a job in Europe – It would be ideal if you know how to find a job before you move to the EU. Jobs like the IT sector are outsourcing from the US to Europe. Thanks to the transnational corporations’ activity you can find a job in the EU. For example, the USA company that has a branch in Europe can transfer you. But, no matter what you do, you should be able to find a job in the EU. One of the official languages there is English. So, in many countries, you can do fine without speaking the local language. But, in the beginning, of course.
Prepare yourself on time
Of course, you realize that you’re making an intercontinental move. It’s not like you’re about to move next door, where you can easily return if you leave something behind. You are now packing and moving everything in one go. Therefore, to stay on top of your game, you need to make a detailed plan. Moving means stress, chaos, and a lot of boxes, so you can easily get overwhelmed. That’s when you turn to the plan. He will help you know what you should be doing at any given moment. You’ll not waste time wondering what to do next. Plus, you won’t forget anything. Of course, the plan is important for any type of relocation, but it is crucial when moving overseas for the first time.
Choose the moving company carefully when moving from Arizona to Europe
It’s not the question of whether or not you should hire a moving company when moving from Arizona to Europe from the USA. It is how to pick a good one. To do that, use your phone tablet or computer. Go online and find the best companies that specialize in international relocations in your area. But, keep in mind these important things:
- You need to pick a professional moving company, like International Transpac Group, that has years of experience.
- Find the movers that can provide special moving services you may need. Such as piano moving, for example.
- Look for a company that is affordable but not cheap. Low-ball offers are usually a sign of moving fraud.
- Hire a moving company with a good reputation.
- See if they can facilitate your winter or summer move.
With a little luck, you’ll find a company that will meet all of your demands. You just have to put some effort into finding it. But, keep in mind that this task may take time, so it’s an additional reason for you to start looking on time.
Moving from Arizona to Europe – Shipping
Shipping when you’re about to move to Europe is based on volume not on weight. Here you have to use different criteria when moving. Prepare your luggage for traveling and put it away from movers. Because, if you show them a room to pack, they’ll pack everything in it. And when you’re moving to the EU, you need to have all your transportation organized and luggage to travel that is separated from the belongings for packing. But, make sure you keep valuable items with you. Like money, credit cards and expensive things. Professional moving companies are trustworthy, but you should still protect your valuables. They can disappear or get quickly packed and gone before you know it. This is exactly why the choice of movers is crucial. Get at least three moving company quotes, compare the price, and pick the one that fits you best.
Tips for moving to Europe
- Consider the number of belongings you intend to move because the final price is based on them.
- Use storage for the items that you’re not taking in Europe if you plat to go back to Arizona in a certain period.
- When packing, make sure you label boxes clearly to which room they belong. This will help you later in your new home. You can put labels next to the door room and movers will know what to take in where. There is no need for you to point them the positioning of every single box.
- Make sure you give your movers a floor plan on a moving day. This way they will know what should go where in your new home.
- Prepare yourself for differences between the States and Europe, like in the cultures.
- Don’t forget to change your address and cancel subscriptions. Also, forward the mail with the USPS and collect medical, dental and school records.