Moving from Arizona for work during the covid-19 pandemic
Moving (and traveling) in 2020 is different than it was. Not only in the USA but also, the entire world is affected by the coronavirus, unfortunately. If you are moving from Arizona for work during the COVID-19 pandemic, then you probably cannot reschedule a relocation because your new employee is waiting for you. In this case, you need to learn how to act in this situation and how to move to another state during the pandemic.
Tips for moving from Arizona for work during the COVID-19 outbreak
If you are moving to Florida for a job or to any other state in the USA, to do that efficiently and safely. Prepare yourself and your family too. Starting a new life in a new environment right now can be scary and stressful.
- Know COVID-19 ordinances where you are moving to, just in case. Every state in the USA has hospitals dedicated just to patients that have coronavirus.
- Prepare to rent a house or an apartment without seeing it. Choose a rental that offers highly descriptive details because you won’t be able to visit it.
- But, on the other hand, there are virtual home tours, so use them. Today, many real estate agents are practicing this via Facetime, Zoom, or Skype. When moving from Arizona for work during the COVID-19, a lot of things will be online, even buying furniture after moving.
- Contact a couple of moving companies and get all the info about the upcoming move. Most movers are working despite the coronavirus, so you shouldn’t have a problem finding a reliable mover for moving out of state.
- Consider renting a furnished apartment, so you don’t have to deal with transporting your furniture or to buy a new one.
- Avoid air travel if possible because the safest way to travel right now is in your car.
How to prepare for a move amid coronavirus?
How to stay healthy and safe when moving to another state for work during the COVID-19? If you are moving with kids, this may be even more stressful. If moving long-distance such as moving from AZ to NJ, you need to take care of so many different things.
To prepare for a move and to have a minimal risk of getting ill, buy all the things you need in one go, clean as you pack, wear gloves and face mask, wash your hand more frequently, avoid using used moving boxes, etc. Ask your moving company if someone from their team was sick recently. Reschedule the moving from Arizona for work during the COVID-19 pandemic if you are feeling sick or someone from your family. Contact your employer and explain the situation. Do not risk and take care of your health.